Last updated: November 7, 2021
Who we are
Our company includes the brands:
- REHBEL Cannabis
- REHBEL Construction
- MD Industries
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect two basic types of information – personal information* and anonymous information** – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information**. In particular, we collect:
- Account information you provide when you create an account or update your account information, such as your first name and last name, email address, website, social media links, biographical info, profile picture, avatar, cover, username, and password;
- Comments you provide in public forums on our sites and applications, such as journal post or media items;
- Information you provide when you fill out any forms on any of our sites, such as your first name and last name, email address, your phone number, your uploaded resume, your message / story / additional information;
- Location information associated with your IP address or where we are permitted by law to process this information;
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our sites, such as the content you view, how often you use our services, and your preferences;
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address;
The reason we collect this information is to help us evolve and grow to our customers demands. We believe that the best decisions are made when you have done what you can to inform yourself as much as you can. The information we collect helps us improve the design, content and functionality of our sites, additionally this information helps shape the direction of our future marketing efforts.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection using Akismet.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We make use of Contact forms to collect user information. Any information you submit through these forms are collected and stored on our secure server. Information submitted via forms are also sent as secure email notifications to REHBEL staff. Your submission will also be filtered by ReCaptcha.
ReCAPTCHA helps websites and mobile apps prevent spam and block "bots." The program determines whether the user is a real person or a "bot" to stop "automated software" from weighing down your site.
ReCAPTCHA works by implementing an algorithm to analyze a user's activity by taking a screenshot of the user's browser window. If the activity is deemed as mechanical or a made-up word is used, the activity is flagged by the system.
Activity and user information reCAPTCHA collects and analyzes includes the following:
- Typing patterns of the user
- The amount of mouse clicks a user has done on the site or touches on an app
- What language the user's browser is using
- Google cookies that have been placed on the site
- The answers to question fields on the site
- CSS information
- Plug-ins installed on the browser
The algorithm also recognizes IP addresses that have been previously recognized as humans through cookies.
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter's IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We use a few different services to collect analytic data. Those services include: WordPress.org, and Google Analytics.
Who we share your data with
Your data can be access by REHBEL or REHBEL contracted companies.
In addition, we also use a few third party solutions to help collect, process and manage visitor data. Those services include: Akismet, WordPress.org, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, CloudFlare and ReCaptcha.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
For questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected]
How we protect your data
We store your data on a secure server environment with a limited access policy.